Note: This informations describe primary the new octopus version which is still in development.
Here you find an unordered wish-list.
Firstly read the Introduction to understand what is the octopus, from where it comes and where it goes.
On the technique side the new octopus framework consist many improvements:
- Webservice Standard Support (Apache CXF based)
- Which support a long list of JAX-* and WS-* standards
- Extended with an security layer for role based service access.
- Support for live deployment and monitoring (which also include the webapplication part).
- Agile development with scripting languages and service aggregation with XML.
- Webapplication framework which combines Web 2.0 and SOA
- An webapplication framework based on experience from the tarent-octopus framework.
- For creating standalone and portlet applications in different template languages.
- Supports direct (performance) and webservice (SOA) based connection to your services.
- Allow you to generate every other (binary) content.
- Support for an event driven architecture
- Queuing requests and events internal and external
- Create aspect orientated applications which can subscribe (pub-sub) any service.
- Supports EJB 3.0
- Modules could be deployed as webservice and enterprise java bean.
- Includes many modules which are usable from EJB 3.0, too.